Sunday, April 25, 2010

Run for Your...Fun?

It is presently 4:41a.m. Did you just hear me?  4:41 A. M.

Nothing human should be up this early in the morning. But, in fact, there are thousands of us milling about at this very moment because today is the running of the Big Sur Marathon.

Although the sanity behind requiring all these people to be out of bed and making decisions like "Keep running, Feet!" at such an ungodly hour alludes me, I look forward to being a part of this huge event. I volunteered to help. Apparently that means I will be handing water or something off to runners as they go. This truly frightens me. On a good day, I am uncoordinated and clumsy. At 5:30a.m., I am a menace to society. Putting me close to the path of hundreds of running, focused people in short shorts and spandex, nay, expecting me to HAND THINGS OFF to members of an unstoppable mob while they are IN MOTION....gulp!

Here goes nothing.