Saturday, March 27, 2010

No Cell Phone?!!!

I lost a limb! Or, at least that's what it feels like. My phone died last night, and now I feel like an important part of my functioning body is missing. So, of course, I am scrambling to run to town as fast as possible to replace my poor unfortunate phone.

All of this brings to mind the history of life that falls within B.C.P.times. Before Cell Phones. Seriously, I have to ask the question: How the f*ck did we survive! I know we did. We are here now, alive and well, despite having to muddle through those harrowing dark ages.

But, sometimes I just forget, you know. I forget what it was like to not have GPS and laptops and roaring fast internet and cell phones. Honestly, I was a kid, so I don't actually know how adults went through the steps to, say, travel without these gadgets. How does one arrange a trip to Disney Land? Find a clean, inexpensive hotel in San Francisco? Find out when Trader Joe's closes? Find a Starbucks within a 5 mile radius of your present location? ALL WITHOUT INTERNET, GPS, OR CELL PHONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It freaks me out just imagining it.