Sunday, March 28, 2010

Plus One Phone; Minus Multiple Important Photos

So, not only do I have my phone back, but I have the New and Improved Model. You know- faster, stronger, better. With a wicked waterproof, shatterproof case. Yeah, that baby is going to save my life.
The last phone I had was
1. dropped on hard surface floors at least once a week. The evidence of this was a huge spiderwebby crack all over the face of the phone. But, hey. Cosmetics are not important to me. It still worked!
2. Dropped in a sink full of wet dishes
3. Dropped in the sand, dirt, and mud
4. Chewed on by a drooling, teething baby
5. DROPPED IN A TOILET. after it had been used. before it had been flushed (but not before the teething baby)
But, none of these things killed my phone. I mean, the toilet thing happened years ago. The shattered face had been flaking off bits of glass for months. No. It just finally gave up the ghost. Maybe it was internal bleeding. Maybe it just couldn't take it anymore. You know, it was all just too much.

The catch is I had not synced my phone since......NOVEMBER 11, 2009. Seriously. Three and a half months of new apps, contact info, and PHOTOS. My photos are gone! Christmas, Birthday, trips - GONE. The only upside is that I email photos to friends and family really often, so I have the photos in my sent emails. But, still. That really sucks.

So, if you learn nothing else from me, learn this:

SYNC YOUR DAMN PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!